Stuart and Rebecca Nunnally- Trustees
Stuart and Rebecca, two of the founders of Faith Academy, are lifelong residents of Marble Falls. They have a passion for seeing Christian education prosper in the Texas Hill Country and around the world. Serving Christ through Christian education, and especially Faith Academy, has been a privilege and great blessing for them.
Dee Anna Piatek – Treasurer
Dee Anna is a CPA and has lived in Marble Falls since her husband brought their dental practice here in 1989. He has since retired and Dee Anna continues to work part-time. They are long-time members of First United Methodist Church. They love to travel and enjoy nature. All three of their children attended Faith Academy from elementary to graduations in 2008, 2010, and 2014. They could say they have 29 years of parenting Faith Academy students!
Steve Kwan – Chairman & President
Steve is a graduate of Trinity University with a degree in Business Administration. He is a CPA and a CFP® and owns an independent financial advisory firm, Insight Wealth Management. He and his wife Jenny have 4 children and are members of Austin Ridge Bible Church. Kelsey graduated from Faith Academy in 2017, Caleb graduated in 2018, Tyler will graduate in 2021, and Kara is part of the class of 2023. They have been at Faith Academy since 2013.
April Owens – Member
April has nearly 20 years of experience as a registered nurse. She is currently retired from that role as she focuses on being a mom and helping with the family business of building custom homes. She has been married to her husband John for 23 years. They have two children at Faith Academy, Cody who is in 11th grade and Carly who is in 9th. April and her family joined Faith Academy eight years ago.
Amy Lynn Payne – Secretary
Amy Lynn resides in Burnet with her Husband Kevin. They have been blessed with three sons and a daughter-in-law. Their youngest son currently attends Faith Academy, and they have been part of the Faith family since 2016. Amy Lynn is a civil engineer and develops master planned communities in Central Texas. She enjoys being involved in her community. She has loved Faith Academy ever since she discovered the school and is passionate about its mission and the university model.
Terry Burnett – Member
Terry lives in Horseshoe Bay with his wife Holly, very close to their two daughters and their families. His youngest daughter Bailey is a proud 2014 graduate of Faith Academy, and his older daughter Brittany has two children, one of which is a 1st grader at Faith. Terry is a graduate of Howard Payne University. In 2008, he partnered with a national insurance firm and served as the Vice President for over four years. Now, he owns and operates Venture General Agency, a managing general agency in Marble Falls, along with its sister company Hillco. Terry believes in Faith Academy and the Christ-centered education it provides our young people and is proud to serve on the board.
Rhonda Coleman – Member
Rhonda is a graduate of McNeese State University with a degree in Early Childhood Education, certified in grades K-8th and ESL. She taught for 15 years in both public and Christian schools before having children. She is the owner of Balance Sporting Goods, Inc. She and her husband Rick have been married for 35 years. They are members of First Baptist Church Marble Falls. Their oldest son, Rich, and daughter-in-law, Hailey, are 2016 graduates of Faith Academy. Case, their youngest son, is currently a Junior at Faith. Rhonda and her family began their Faith Academy adventure in 2007.
Jeff Steele – Member
Jeff was born and raised in the Texas Hill Country. He and his wife Megan have four children, two of which attended Faith Academy. They have enjoyed the university model for the past five years. Jeff attended Faith during its first year in 2000. The Steele’s have lived in Marble Falls for 12 years. Jeff owns a residential and commercial framing company, and Megan owns a beautiful shop located in downtown Marble Falls. They grew up in Christian ministries including teaching and worship team. They are currently serving at a local church plant. Jeff has a passion for people and growing God’s kingdom, and he is honored to serve on the board at Faith Academy.
Portrait of a Faith Academy Board Member
This following list of characteristics has been compiled by the members of the Faith Academy School Board as a tool to guide discussions regarding potential new Board Members and to assist in new and current Board Member training. The standard articulated is high and should be read as an ideal to which we aspire rather than a list of strict requirements.
A Faith Academy School board member should be:
- A diligent student of God’s word and one who endeavors to walk in step with the Holy Spirit;
- Well versed and committed to the University Model and to Christian education;
- Committed to pray for those board members with whom he/she serves, for the school administrator, for the faculty and staff, for the students and families of the school, and for Faith Academy’s ministry in the community;
- Respectful of those in authority and willing to listen and learn from others viewpoints;
- Committed to punctual and consistent attendance at board and committee meetings;
- One who understands that board members have authority to make decisions only within the confines of a board meeting;
- One who expresses views and differences of opinion constructively and with grace. Once the board has discussed and voted on an issue and regardless of his personal vote on that issue, he/she will publicly support the board’s action;
- Characterized by good judgment, sound common sense and a love of excellence;
- One who understands that the principle under which the Faith Academy Board operates is Philippians 2:1-7. “Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having he same love, being one in the Spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests, but each of you to the interests of the others. In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus; Who, being in very nature God did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant…”
Faith Academy School board members and their spouses should:
- Be active members in the body of Christ;
- Provide their children a loving and stable home environment;
- Train and raise their children in the “fear and admonition of the Lord” – keeping their eyes on the kind of adults they want their children to be rather than getting caught up in the inconsequential issues of childhood;
- Be grace filled followers of Jesus Christ who enjoy a relationship with their Lord and His Body, the church;
- Obey the policies and procedures of the school, especially with respect to conflict resolution and gossip, and avoid the reality or appearance of preferential treatment by either faculty or administration;
- Be characterized by support of the school and its policies in their communications with others;
- Be characterized by high integrity, trustworthiness and the ability to keep confidences; and
- Be willing to take on the responsibility and be held accountable for being role models to other parents in our school.
- Is responsible for ensuring that the school operates in a fiscally sound manner.