Elementary Grade Parent Responsibilities
- Elementary grade parents will encourage and serve their class sponsors.
- Encourage participation for students and families regarding events specifically set for that individual grade or campus wide, i.e., class parties, mission projects, pep rallies, etc.
- Schedule parent volunteers for any class events, i.e., teacher luncheons, planning of class events, etc.
- Serve as a mentor or a source of support to our new families.
- Pass all pertinent prayer requests from students or families to the prayer team.
- Send an email to your grade’s class roster in the fall introducing yourself, offer your help for the semester, and remind them of important upcoming events.
- Make a personal phone call to the new families, in the fall and/or the spring, to offer your help or to answer any questions. The answer to every question is not required, but you can point them in the direction of someone that would have the answer. Pass any information regarding families struggling with the model to our Office Manager.
- Send a follow-up email about six weeks into the semester to ask how things are going.
- Create and monitor the Sign-up Genius for your class sponsored events paying careful attention that all items needed are covered. Send out reminder emails if items or needs are unmet, i.e., teacher luncheons or other class events.