COPE Tips Tool-Kit
Tips for Thriving as a Faith Academy Family (COPE)
- Read all email and other information provided by the school so you can stay informed. Since time is split between school and home, communication is vital.
- If you have a question or need clarification about something, ask someone. If you are not sure who you need to ask, call the school office and someone will point you in the right direction.
- If you and/or your child are having difficulties, please ask someone for assistance. Faith Academy wants every family to be successful.
- Help your child stay organized at school by providing a system of organization at home. This includes having an organized space for materials as well as an organized work space.
- Teaching and modeling organizational skills will pay big dividends at Faith Academy and will help prepare your child for college life.
- Look over all at-home day assignments the afternoon or night before. Make sure you have all of the materials you will need and devise a plan for how you and your child will get everything accomplished.
- Keep a calendar of Faith Academy activities, tests, and projects so you can manage your time and tasks at hand.
- Try to avoid running errands and other activities on your at-home days. If you have a pressing errand or appointment, be sure to plan how all of the work for that day will be completed.
- Remember that on at-home days, you are the co-teacher. Be sure to provide necessary instruction, monitor your child’s progress, and check for understanding and accuracy.
- Faith Academy provides a number of ways to get plugged in and to connect with other families. We also have numerous volunteer opportunities throughout the year.